iDVD and HDD space problem

MacJordan

2 posts in this topic

I installed iDVD on my primary MAC OS partition which is not very big only 10GB. When I create a DVD with iDVD I can't burn it to a DVD because I get this error: iDVD needs 4.588 GB of disk space to encode the remaining assets, but only 1.505 GB is available at "Leopard".

I have a 500GB external HDD, how can I make iDVD use this drive for its temporary stuff.

Resizing my boot partition is a nightmare for me :P

Thanks for the help.

P.S. I tried to copy iDVD to another partition on the external drive but I get the same message. And I can't install iLife on a different partition than the boot one.

I installed iDVD on my primary MAC OS partition which is not very big only 10GB. When I create a DVD with iDVD I can't burn it to a DVD because I get this error: iDVD needs 4.588 GB of disk space to encode the remaining assets, but only 1.505 GB is available at "Leopard".

I have a 500GB external HDD, how can I make iDVD use this drive for its temporary stuff.

Resizing my boot partition is a nightmare for me :P

Thanks for the help.

P.S. I tried to copy iDVD to another partition on the external drive but I get the same message. And I can't install iLife on a different partition than the boot one.

Yeah, I understand your situtation! But the problem is can be explain like that:

Your OS: 10 gb (6 gb minimum used by Leo)

+

iDVD and creation of DVD requires a minimum of 4.6 gb

=

~10 gb

I know how it's painful to resize Mac OS Partition but you'd some big chances it's gonna {censored} off your OS.

You may use Disk Utility :D

Hope I help you!