Unable to sign in on Messenger:Mac

Steven2k7

3 posts in this topic

I installed OS X 10.5.1 on my laptop a few days ago, and once I got everything working I downloaded Messenger:Mac. I've only been able to sign on twice, once when I first installed the program, and another time it just seemed to randomly work. Every other time I try and sign on, it kicks me offline if I'm signed on another computer, and gives me an error message saying sign in failed because the service is not responding, or I'm not connected to the internet. My internet works fine though, and I can go to websites using firefox on the same laptop.

Could it be a port blocked or firewall problem of some sort? MSN messenger for my PC works fine, and my laptop connects to the same router as my PC does.

I would rather not download a different IM program, I like the way MSN messenger is layed out, and I dont want to go through and change every setting to make it look like MSN messenger. I've signed on twice with messenger:mac, so if I can just get it to work for good that would be great.

I heard that MSN has relesed a newer version for mac. have you tried downloading that one? I have had a similar problem at school where my friends on their pc laptops could run msn just fine in class but when i was on my mac i couldnt log on to :D