Overclocking Laptop?

Alpha6006

5 posts in this topic

I have tried a few method.

- I cannot change my clock speed and multiplier in my BIOS ,since it is locked by lenovo.

- No Pinmod availble for my CPU (Or I didn't find one?)

Is there some other way to overclock my laptop?

I have tried a few method.

- I cannot change my clock speed and multiplier in my BIOS ,since it is locked by lenovo.

- No Pinmod availble for my CPU (Or I didn't find one?)

Is there some other way to overclock my laptop?

Not a good idea at all!!!!!

Would you know what happen if your multiplicator is a bit too much higher, you TOAST your CPU.

Segundo, overvlocked a laptop is meaning that the temperature of your mobo and the CPU is higher than the average.

Anyway, for been a long time a certified tech for IBM, the BIOS is lock and you can't flash it even if you want to modify a tabs. Not a very big deal!

Not a question if the the pinmod(If any) would work, but would it be stable? A laptop is not made for overclocking, there are a couple, but that's it. It's not a good idea to overclock on a laptop at all, with hardware or software, but if still want to do it knowing the risks, and if something goes wrong with it, you can only blame yourself for still going through with it.

Look for a program call Clockgen.

• 2 months later...

hehe i made the mistake on my laptop oops :) it was cooled at 70* (coolingmat-rigged to wall socket forces more air out) had my 2.0 ghz to 2.5 running smoothly then i tried 2.8 because it was going smoothly and it didnt go to well.. :(

off topic but , so now im building me a desktop any suggestions guys to stay under 500$ and steal have a nice fast running pc at 3.0gz or higher ? list specs plz

on topic again so word to the wise dont do dumb things dont push your little laptops heart hehe ;) it can only beat so fast then it goes phewie :P:)

my 2 cents peace