parallels desktop on amd

5 posts in this topic

ok im a complete newbie at this and just recently managed to put leopard on my dell dimension e521. However now im trying to get parallel desktops to work with my dell so i can get xp media center working at the same time since bootcamp won't work because of some firmware {censored}.

ok im a complete newbie at this and just recently managed to put leopard on my dell dimension e521. However now im trying to get parallel desktops to work with my dell so i can get xp media center working at the same time since bootcamp won't work because of some firmware {censored}.

Before install the lastest parallels,you must change one little string...

Right click the package to "Show Package Contents".You will find a file "info.plist".Open it and change this

TestObject

GenuineIntel

to

TestObject

AuthenticAMD

Save the changes and try again...

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm trying to install Parallels Desktop on an AMD machine, and I tried to change the info.plist file as AuthenticAMD as u told... but the system doesn't save the file and I still can't install parallels... when I try to close the file it asks if I wanna save... no matter if I say save or save as... it keeps asking... sometimes it asks for the root password but nothing happens after I enter the password... it keeps asking for the save... I'm a newbie about macos... could u help me about that plz?