Deleted Windows partition, can't boot up now!

fleeps

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I was running Leopard (leo4all) and xp pro on my nx6310 laptop and I foolishly formatted the windows partition in leopard to make more space. Of course it doesn't boot up now!

I tried reinstalling windows but it then boots straight to windows and ignores the leopard partition

I tried reinstalling leopard to repair the darwin boot loader, but because there is less than 3 gig space on that partition it won't continue at the "install summary".

Help!

I had the same problem, this is what I did.

Drop in the install dvd.

Once it gets to where you can select where you want to install the OS on. double click the drive that it is already on.

Choose the upgrade option. then install

hopefully this works

-John

Hi,

I was running Leopard (leo4all) and xp pro on my nx6310 laptop and I foolishly formatted the windows partition in leopard to make more space. Of course it doesn't boot up now!

I tried reinstalling windows but it then boots straight to windows and ignores the leopard partition

I tried reinstalling leopard to repair the darwin boot loader, but because there is less than 3 gig space on that partition it won't continue at the "install summary".

Help!

Hi, maybe the new, very usefull Tool OSX86 Util is EXACT that angel you need !

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=104754

But for that, you must have an bootable external HD to run it from (perhaps next time - external boot HD is really helpful for us "hackers" ?)

Also you can do:

Use an newer OSX86 Install DVD and boot from it.

In the install select customize and choose ONLY the darwin boot loader / EFI .

This install take only very little space (less 1 MB).

Dont forget to deselect all other (also Main install) in that customize .

Or boot from that DVD and at first screen select TERMINAL in the menue.

You can now do that commands there.

(diskutil to get information, fdisk and dd for writing MBR and selct boot partition, ....)

You will find that command in forum, search for "Darwin manual install"