Guys, none of distributives working \

hwat

4 posts in this topic

Well, I have Core2Duo on MSI x975 Power Up Edition (jMicron controller), Azalia audio, Intel 1000 pro blah blah LAN, 8800GT video if that matters.

The only thing that was nicely working for me is 10.4.10 osx88hu_installdvd-test5. Flawless installation, everything is working.

And no any luck with ANY of Leopard packs. I've tried about 10 of them, Leo4all many versions, Kaliway, iAtkos, you name it.

Sometimes it hangs up during installation, sometimes PS/2 keyboard is not working, HFC+ error, waiting for root -- tons of different errors.

For example, latest Leo4All v3 Final:

Refuses to load from SATA DVD, tried from IDE one and I've got this:

installation on IDE-drive just hangs up when it says "2 minutes remaining". Tried about 3 times with different kernels/drivers, same {censored}.

Checking DVD in the beginning was completely fine.

Previous thing -- Kaliway 10.5.2. Installation doesn't see my IDE-drive at all, nowhere to install.

I believe that its all about JMicron and/or PS/2 keyboard... But still, why Tiger was fine and Leo is not?

Please, suggest me what to do, I want Leo badly )

First, I'd definitely try to omit the JMicron controller and use only the ICH7. That means both DVD/HDD on the ICH7 SATA ports. I hear PS/2 stuff causes a lot of problems so use USB keyboard/mouse during installation.

If you can just get it to install, you can fix al the individual hardware issues afterwards.

The rest of ur hardware looks like it should be compatible (audio/8800GT/lan) so the biggest problem might indeed be the jmicron/ps2 stuff.

Good luck!

I am not sure whether i got your meaning right. But seems that you're looking for a distribution that would work flawlessly, without any manual works for substitute things like kernel, and drivers, and without the need to manual edit files within terminal. If that's the case, I am afraid you are most likely going to hit a wall.

You have to be very luck, i.e. have exact the same hardware as the maker of the distribution and exact BIOS setup as well, in order for a distribution to work 100% without any need of further hacking.

In fact, if you know what drivers is needed, and what to edit when error occurs... etc. Most, if not all major distributions on the net would work for you.

MSI = TROUBLE

IT HAS TROUBLE BIOS WHICH NEEDS TO BE MODIFIED BEFORE YOU ARE ABLE TO INSTALL EASILY...

find a member named KABYL, and find his thread about fixing the bioses, he is the one modding bioses, after modded bios, you will be able to use osx...