Leopard on Dell 1525 display problem

Neals

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I've just install iATKOS v2.0i to my Dell 1525 with the famous X3100 Graphic card, I can enter the system by deleting the AppleIntelGMAX3100* under /System/Library/Extensions, and then I download some driver and some sleep patch to get it work. Great, it's very nice. The glass-looking menu bar, the right resolution . . ., except that I can't make it pop up ANY kind of menu---like click on the Apple logo at the top left of the screen or right click on the desktop.

I've searched the forum for a long time and read a lot of posts related to X3100, but I'm wondering if someone has met the same problem. Maybe I haven't used the right keyword to search, please forgive me and tell me how to fix my problem.

Oh, by the way, I actually don't really need the fancy effect and I'm kind of like the VESA mode, but I can't set it with the resolution of 1440x900 in VESA, right?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=79526

This is a pretty good guide that should work to get leo working for you.

Yes, I've read that. I haven't finished downloaded the 1.0i version of iATKOS so nothing has been tested yet.

Anyway, I got the x3100 work and it showed CI/QE are enabled in the System Profiler. It's just if I click to popup a menu, the system fails to response.

Thank you for your attention.

Interesting, I install a Leo4allv3 release and this time it won't crash and everything is fine. Actually not everything, the CD can't be recognized and mounted, but it's not a big problem since USB memory works perfect.

Thanks to all that have shared their great experiences. And thanks to eddie11c especially, great distribution.

• 1 month later...

Neals

I'm in the market for a new laptop and the 1525 seems like a great choice.

Can you please elaborate on your experience with this machine and Leopard?

-What are the complete specifications of your machine (wireless card model esp.)?

-What fully works, what partially works and what doesn't work?

-What did you do to make everything that works work (what osx86 DVD release did you use, what kexts did you use and where did you get them from, etc.)?

If you could be as detailed as possible it would help us all!

Thanks very much!