HP Pavilion dv9730us, HD not detected

Madcamper

2 posts in this topic

HD is not detected on Kalyway 10.5.2, could this be a chipset problem, AMD processor chipset: maybe nforce but not sure, 4 gigs of ram, SATA HD's, Graphics Card: Nvidia 7150m / 630m. Disk Utility does not recognize the HD's on Boot Disk Any help would be appreciated

Hey its Wil from school, if you can somehow find the specific nForce mobo you have that would be great. Although this maybe a problem because I know you have a laptop and I don't know how that works I only know that desktop nforce mobo's go as such:

nForce 650i

nForce 680i

nForce 690i

nForce 750i

nForce 780i

nForce 790i

But I think its the SATA controller your mobo uses.

Its going to be hard to find a distro that works for you since we already trying Kalyway 10.5.2 today. Btw, iATKOSi is for intel only thus the (i) at the end of iATKOSi. I hope you can find one that works, and obviously this needs to be brought to attention with the nforce devs. Maybe your mobo is MCP67? It does say under your graphics card in device manager: nVidia GeForce 7150M/MCP67, so MCP67 could be your motherboard. Best of hope with this. PS... Dont let Jonathon know. You know how he is about this stuff at school even though it is legal as long as that apple logo stays on a laptop.