What now?

ABH83

9 posts in this topic

Okay so I just managed to install Mac Os X 10.4.8 (JaS AMD-Intel SSE2 SSE3...) successfully. It's running off my external SATA USB drive. So far it seems to be working fine without any serious issues.

This is the how to for anyone who wishes to try it out: (http://######.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=32)

Anyway, first off I have a 2 questions I can't seem to find any answers to...

1) Is this a fully functioning Mac OS X? (so theoretically if i were to have all the necessary drivers for my hardware this should function flawlessly like the real deal? or did i miss something out?)

2) Does Mac Os x86 need a validation crack like in windows to be able to install updates directly from the apple servers?

And finally, where do i go from here? What are the first recommedned steps after installing a fresh copy on my pc?

Help is greatly approcated!!

1 - As long as you have the necessary drivers and they are available for all of your hardware you should not be having any problems what so ever.

2 - You will need to patch most of the updates from Apple so that they are compatible with your hardware

P.S- Post your computer specs , preferably in your signature.

1) I'm glad to hear that! No need to buy a mac then ...i hope! :(

2) seems like a lot of effort. In windows all you have to do is patch 2 or 3 system files.

Here are my specs and will post them in my signature:

Acer Aspire 5633WLMi (5630 series) | Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 (1.66GHz) | 1GB DDR2 (support dual-channel) RAM | Nvidia GeForce Go 7300 TurboCache 256 MB | BCM4401-B0 100Base-TX wifi adapter |

so i managed to install my nvidia drivers and LCD widescreen display using this how to (starting from bullet point 12): http://www.notebookforums.com/thread204460.html

surprisingly enough i only followed it up to bullet point 16 and restarted.

But I still can't connect to the internet. how do I install my wifi drivers. please see the post above for my specs or my signature.

also do i have to install any drivers for power management and is there anything else to consider with a duo core?

thx

I'm still having issues with wifi. I just followed the instructions in the post above but the only change I noticed is that I can now select "connect through cable modem" option in the networking assistant/diagnostic settings. Howeer, the airport option is now grayed out.I have a NETGEAR 54 Mbps Wireless Router which connects to a windows pc via cable modem. To access the internet I have to connect to my router via wifi which is a BCM4401-B0 100Base-TX wifi card.i think i also might have an on board Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

BCM4401-B0 100Base-TX wifi adapter

Isn't that an Oxymoron. 100BaseTX and wifi are two contradicting terms. Actually BCM4401 is a wired ethernet card.

From the specs of Acer Aspire 5633WLMi it looks like it is Intel3945ABG which is not supported by OSX currently. Your best bet is to get a supported USB wifi adapter or wait and watch for a stable Intel3945Driver on this website.

BCM4401-B0 100Base-TX wifi adapter

Isn't that an Oxymoron. 100BaseTX and wifi are two contradicting terms. Actually BCM4401 is a wired ethernet card.

From the specs of Acer Aspire 5633WLMi it looks like it is Intel3945ABG which is not supported by OSX currently. Your best bet is to get a supported USB wifi adapter or wait and watch for a stable Intel3945Driver on this website.

hmm... i must say i'm quite anoyed right now! all this hassle to get mac working on my pc was pointless really. I've checked out the link u posted but the project has been suspended and its seems very unstable... :(