A humble request from the pros.

commonmind

2 posts in this topic

First, let me just say that I'm installing OSX for what I consider to be the right reasons: I was an Apple customer for many years, but haven't used a Mac since OS 8.6 and, on the cusp of purchasing a MacBook, I want to preview the OS and see if it will suit my needs.

So, having said that, this is a two part question. One, does the "preview" versions of OSX include the software suites that comes with a retail installation of Leapord? As I will be using my Macbook for writing, some design work and other multimedia content creation, I'd like to be able to fiddle around with what's included beforehand. The second question is relatively cliche and will be probably be recieved with some distaste, but I really have to ask: is there a clear cut, easy to follow installation guide which focuses on having two physical drives (one with Vista Ultimate already installed) from which to create a dual boot system -- and, subsequently, is there an easy guide out there for a fellow like me who has two drives and wants to set up a dual boot system but doesn't want to start with a fresh install of both operating systems (as that seems to be what I've found thus far)?

I apologize for the latter question as I'm sure there's a thread contained somewhere within the fugue of guides located on the site, it's just that I'm a little overwhelmed at the sheer volume of information and the many, varied and sometimes confusing guides I've come across. I guess I'm hoping someone has been in my position and can point me in the right direction. And trust me, as an older user of the internet, I know how taboo it is to ask a question that is clearly answered (somewhere) on the very forum you're using; maybe this is my one, allowable "newb" moment ;)

if you want a guide google bass 2k7, the site is a freewebs site, it has a guide for iAKTOS v1.0i on it and if you go to the 2k8 site I think it has others, these are by far the best guides I've found so far