Scrambled Graphics (SEE PIC) - Toshiba Laptop

foodfightr

5 posts in this topic

Laptop: Toshiba U305-S5127

Graphics: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

Install: Kalway 10.5.1

Kalway was installed with default (no additional) options. It booted to the intro movie and then the first time setup. See attached picture for problem description.

I didn't select NATIT or NVIJECT because this isn't an nvidia card. Should I have?

Possibly 10.5.2 graphics update?

post-156657-1211659919_thumb.jpg

I had the same problem with my Compaq C504US. I resolved the issue by installing iAtkos. I fixed my mouse glitching issues using the following 2 packages I just uploaded to the iAtkos forums:

http://www.mediafire.com/?egvf12bb9yj

I suppose you could try installing the packages first before going the iAtkos route, but with iAtkos I was able to install iWork as well, which Kalyway prevented me from doing.

Good luck and let me know how this works out for you.

When I installed iAtkos with the Intel GMA 950 option it installed just fine. After the grey loading screen I see graphics for an instant and then the screen goes black. Safe boot has the same issue.

If I install iAtkos with no graphics options instead of a black screen I get a scrambled screen, see screenshot. I can still move the mouse (and see the pointer fine) its the rest of the screen that is jumbled. I can safeboot to working graphics! I attempted to install the GMA950.pkg that you mentioned and got an error, see screenshot.

Thanks!

post-156657-1211744086_thumb.png

Try installing Leo4Allv3. I remember that only the MacDotNub 10.4.10 install worked for me. None of the others did. Unfortunately, this is the nature of the game... Try posting on the iAtkos forums for help. Their forums seem a bit better structured. For your search terms just use "Uphuck" and "forum." Good luck.