Dell 1420 Installed iAtkos 2.0i but some bugs

Dell1420

9 posts in this topic

Hey all, I got a Dell 1420 and I installed iAtkos 2.0. I'm pretty new and not really sure what I am doing but following the guides and I got it to boot. Just a few bugs though. Also since 2.0 just came out recently, I had to make due with the older guides.

1.This is a dual boot on Vista, but when I select my Vista partition on Darwin boot, it just loops back to the Dell logo and back to Darwin boot.

2. If I don't press a button with in the 5 second count down, OSX will boot but freeze with the spinning circle and apple logo. But when I go through Darwin boot, and press -v -x, it boots properly.

Sorry if these were discussed before but I searched a lot but couldn't find the answers. Thanks so much.

Hey all, I got a Dell 1420 and I installed iAtkos 2.0. I'm pretty new and not really sure what I am doing but following the guides and I got it to boot. Just a few bugs though. Also since 2.0 just came out recently, I had to make due with the older guides.

1.This is a dual boot on Vista, but when I select my Vista partition on Darwin boot, it just loops back to the Dell logo and back to Darwin boot.

2. If I don't press a button with in the 5 second count down, OSX will boot but freeze with the spinning circle and apple logo. But when I go through Darwin boot, and press -v -x, it boots properly.

Sorry if these were discussed before but I searched a lot but couldn't find the answers. Thanks so much.

As for booting back into vista you will likely need to use a g-parted live cd and flag the vista partition to boot. Then you will likely need to use you Vista disk to run a repair to get VIsta to boot. After that you can use the G-parted live cd and flag your OSX partition to boot and you should be able to select OSX or vista from Darwin.

So it tries to load a kext and...fails.

It might be useful to post your hardware specs, since I won't go over to Dell and ask them what kind of hardware they are using in a Dell1420...

So it tries to load a kext and...fails.

It might be useful to post your hardware specs, since I won't go over to Dell and ask them what kind of hardware they are using in a Dell1420...

zikade don't ask them for more info, they won't ever come back. :P

Well, now - thats an interesting point.

If we dont get the specs, we cant help solving the problem and they will never come back. If we ask for the specs, they will never come back as well.

So, yes, it is - economically - better to stop asking for specs, I guess.

No waste of - err, bandwidth and server storage would be most apropriate, right?

- sigh -

Sorry

Specs

C2D T5250

2GB RAM

Intel 965 Express Chipset

Wireless 1395 WLAN mini-card (not working) - need kext

SigmaTel High Def. Audio Codec (also not working) - need kext

Anything else?

So I put in the Vista DVD and repaired it but now I don't have to option to boot into OSX. I guess I missed a step. Can I go back and use G-parted to fix it? Thanks everyone.

EDIT: I downloaded G-parted live and when i load it and use the Default settings, it gets an error.

It says

BusyBox v1.1.3 (Debian 1:1.1.3-4) Built-in shell (ash)

Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

(initramfs)

This is with both G-Parted Live CD 3.6.7(stable) and 3.7.5(latest)

Thanks again

Well, of course. Sorry - been busy.

What happens when the machine boots with -v only? Probably a screenshot would help there. Did you install any specific packages or just vanilla iATKOS?

What happens if you boot using cpus=1?

If I remember correctly, if I boot with -v only it don't work. I have to use -v -x. I haven't tried cpus=1 yet.

I probably didn't finish the install process and need to look at the guides some more. Thanks again.