Compaq Presario F700 Leopard Working

Nex801

11 posts in this topic

Basically I installed using leo4allv3, and it works, about a 3 minute boot time, um, everything seems fine except for audio and wifi, touch pad works 80 percent of the time, and hotkeys always work. um what gets me is why the wifi doesn't work in the main os, while it works perfectly during the install.

I need help with sound,

and Wifi

Try leo4all v3 everyone!

• 1 month later...

I have the same computer as yours.

- AMD Turion 64 Mobile TK-55 ( Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core ) supports SSE, SSE2, SSE3

-Core Speed 1.8 Ghz

-1GB DDR2 RAM Dual Channel clocked at 333 MHz

-Nvidia GeForce Go 6100 - Allocated VRAM

-120 GB SATA HDD

-Vista Home Premium

How is everything going on with your notebook? Are you lucky to install the Mac in your notebook?

I have the Leopard install disks: Leo4allv2 and Kalyway. I always got this message "still waiting for root device". How did you fix it?

Would you tell me how to install the Mac OS for this notebook?

Look forward to hearing from you. Thank you so much.

• 4 weeks later...

for f762:

v2 worked for me to install to USB HD only; v3 did not work at all (constant reboots). Afterwards, used MCP67 driver for SATA that you can find elsewhere on this site (google MCP67) and that works to pull up the HD and DVD drives.

Still working on sound/ethernet/wifi. using NvinjectGo for now for video.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello,

I am trying to install this on my Compaq F730US

What were the steps that you took to install this. I've been trying to do this for 4 days without success. I would choose some settings and it would be a successful install but then when I reboot it would go to the grey apple screen and then give me the crossed out circle.

What settings should I choose for my AMD, Nvidia, Broadcom, PS/2, etc.?

I am using iPC MACOSx86 10.5.6

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

David

Hello,

I am trying to install this on my Compaq F730US

What were the steps that you took to install this. I've been trying to do this for 4 days without success. I would choose some settings and it would be a successful install but then when I reboot it would go to the grey apple screen and then give me the crossed out circle.

What settings should I choose for my AMD, Nvidia, Broadcom, PS/2, etc.?

I am using iPC MACOSx86 10.5.6

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

David

Okay well i have the Same laptop as you and i have been trying to install osx on it for about a year with no luck. the most sucess iv had is with ideneb v1.3 im attempting to install it with the mcp67 chip set drivers this time in hopes of that maybe working.

video: nvforceGO

ethernet:forcedeth

wireless:(works by default)

sound:none

Kernel: 9.4.0

fix: power management, applesmbois800 and Amd patch

ill keep you posted on my findings

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the info OP!

Downloading now; (be done in 6hours) gah I hope this works. Getting this thing working has taken up every ounce of my free time for about 3 weeks now ;)

..one quick question, did you have to alter the kexts any at all? or just boot and it worked?

• 4 months later...

it seems like the compaq presario series is causing problems for many

the annoying thing, however, is that no one seems to have a solution for the ubiquitous "cant read the hd from disk utilities problem" my computer will boot into install perfectly but then when i get to select a destination for install, and open up disk utility, there is no hd to be found on the left.

if someone has solved this problem, PLEASE, come forth with some feedback, it would be greatly appreciated

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

bump

sorry for bring back an old thread but for some reason i couldnt start a new one does anyone know what settings i need when installing Kalyway on presario f700. I do have an external hd to install on

Processor: AMD athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55

Ram:958 MB

32-bit operating system

And I have a GeForce Go 6100

• 3 years later...

I noticed your specs are very similar to a laptop I have almost got working with Hazard Snow Leopard Client-Server 10.6.2 CS (DVD boots, but not all the time, USES AppleNForceATA.kext (MeDevil)).  the way I know it is going to boot the dvd for sure is if I see 2 sata phy not ready errors in a row before it starts looking for the root device.  The laptop is a Compaq Presario F500.  My wife wants mac os on it for her wacom tablet, btw.  I got it to boot from the hard disk once (but slooooow).  the only problem is that I forgot how the hell I did it.  now the hard disk keeps giving me "still looking for root device", which the dvd sometimes will do, and sometimes wont do.  the last attempt I decided to install all the drivers with the ATA injector.  I was very close to getting it to boot, the only problem this time was a double panic whatever the hell that is.  I know what a kernel panic is but this is the first time I ever seen anything referred to as a double panic.  I get the dvd to boot (45% of the time) with cpus=1 USBBusFix-yes PCIRoot=1 -f.  will keep you posted when I get it working again, unless someone else has done it before.