M-Audio Audiophile 2496

JBLanteigne

10 posts in this topic

Ok, I installed the driver with the cd... it's os x compatible..

after the installation, it's asking me to restart... ok.

after the reboot, I go to:

system preference/sound/output and I can't see my sound card...

I go in my application, there's something related to my sound card there, but when I open it, it says it either can't detect the PCI card or that I did not install the drivers...

help me please.

• 3 months later...

I don't mean to sound like a debbie downer, but M-Audio has the worst driver development in the audio card industry. Dispite tons of outrage and begging over the past year, they haven't even released Vista x64 drivers. I seriously doubt they are capable of making universal OSX drivers. *sigh*

I have a M-Audio Ozone Keyboard, it works out of the box with 10.4.x but with 10.5.x the driver available from M-Audio is needed. Both ways the sound is crappy, lots of crackles and only 16bits mode works.

In Windows XP and Vista it works flawlessly, now I dunno if its M-Audio or osx86 fault..

Any ideas ?

btw, M-Audio do support IntelMacs, but I can only tell for what I've tested.. dunno about pci cards!

M-Audio supports intelmacs, but not with the Delta series PCI cards. They assumed that there would be no need for intelmac support, since they don't have PCI slots. However, there are adapters that could be used if only m-audio weren't such slackers about developing drivers. Seems as though they could have made a universal driver or whatever pretty easily since they they already have those drivers for firewire and usb devices, and also from developing the PCI PPC drivers.