STAC9274D Drivers?

patsphone2

4 posts in this topic

Hey, Just got Kalyway 10.5.2 installed, and the only thing not working aside from my RAID controller is the IDT STAC9274D audio controller. Anyone know how I might be able to get this thing going...at least for output? I'm a total noob at this, so any help is appreciated.

I'm having difficulty as well. I recently got an Intel DX38BT Bone Trail mainboard for my second Hackintosh project. It uses the same Sigmatel 9274D audio chip as the Bad Axe 2, so I thought it would be straightforward to install using Taruga's patcher and the BA2 codec dumps. The 1.16 version of the AppleHDAPatcher gives me errors during the repair permissions part of the install, but version 1.20 says it installed fine. But after a reboot neither one gives me an output device in System Preferences -> Sound

I also tried booting from an Ubuntu 8.04 Live CD and dumping the codec to a text file, in case there was a chipset revision or something. I followed the instructions at http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=74937 Installing it gives the same results: it says it installed correctly but after rebooting there are no devices I can output to. I'm using Kalyway 10.5.2 with the sleep kernel (default install).

Do any of you gurus have suggestions?

codec_dump.txt

• 8 months later...