Leopard Zephyroth ichat crash

em11488

2 posts in this topic

I just installed zephyroth 10.5.2 on my old amd desktop. gigbyte mobo. on the wiki for osx 86 the mobo has been tested fine with this mod. I have it installed, but right after it installed it said there was a problem and that it didn't install properly, but then it restarted and booted right into leo. its annoying that the resolution is stuck at 1240x 768 on a 1400x900 (anyone know how to fix?) but the most annoying thing is that ichat and other programs just crash. ichat specifically crashes right after i send a msg (i cant even see it, the box is white). does this mean i should try to reinstall or did is there something I could do. I know my processor is only sse2, not 3. any help is greatly appreciated.

I had this same iChat problem with zephyroth's rev2 release, but with the rev1 release everything works as it should. Which release are you using, rev 1 or rev 2? If it's rev 2 then try using rev 1 that's what worked for me. I don't think the sse2 or 3 thing has anything to do with it because mine supports sse3 and it still crashed. The graphics resolution thing depends on your card.... nvidia or ati. Make sure if it's nvidia to select NVinject when you install, not sure for ATI cards what you need to do. Also you may still be stuck at a 1024X768 resolution, if thats the case then try using DisplayconfigX. It will give you resolutions that aren't even supported by your monitor, so be careful and only choose ones you know that work. Another program some say works is SwitchresX.