Installing Leopard through VMware Workstation

tgmxd

7 posts in this topic

I'm trying to install Leopard as a virtual machine using Windows Vista. I'm getting some errors on the install. I tried following this, but it didn't work correctly. When I would boot from the DVD I would get an error saying ATA Disk: Checksum cookie not valid. I gave up and deleted that virtual machine and opened a new Windows XP one. I tried installing it through there, but I got the same. ATA Disk. Checksum cookie not valid error. After a while it took me to a gray screen with the Mac OS X 10.5 cursor on it. Then it just stops working(I let it sit there for hours). I tried turning it off and back on and booting from whatever harddrive there was now, and it says

"System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found".

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm working with an Acer Aspire 5920. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to get this working for a friend and I told him I could have it by tomorrow.

You are following a Tiger-VMWare install guide to Install Leopard!

Leopard install under VMWare so far has not been achieved using install DVD. It has been done using a installed Leopard image. search around

I tried doing it that way, but I get a new error.

"System config file '/Library/Preferences/Systemconfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found".

Then it goes to

"System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found".

Any ideas on how to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...