Key board and mouse shut off after first restart

2 posts in this topic

I ran the 10.5.2 leo4all on my P5W Deluxe board. I can install and start it up once, but after the first start up, the mouse and keyboard are completely unresponsive. The system is not frozen, i can see drives show up when i plug them in, but in order to fix this, i need to completely reinstall it, which i've done a few times. I'm using a PS/2 mouse and keyboard, both from my old emachines, but it still did this when i didn't use them. What the hell can i do, and why am i the only person who's run into this?!

You're not alone, Agent69. I have a similar problem with Leo4all. After initial install, which went flawlessly, Kbd(PS2) and mouse(USB) worked fine, then after reboot, the keyboard quit. I was trying to edit the kext for my vid card, and "WTH? Where'd the keyboard go???"

After a search I found the suggestion to add -f on startup, before darwin boots, and it worked.........once. The Keyboard is an old HP model SK 2501 A. I may have to get a new usb keyboard, but that will have to wait a couple of weeks, at least. :)