dv9700t

howseer

6 posts in this topic

OK. I am most likely going to get this dv9700t. I think everything will work without fault, except for the wireless. I know I will need a Dell card, but I need to know which one. I also need to know how to get bluetooth working, even if it has to be with the Dell card. If I can get the Dell card working with Wireless N, that would be awesome.

Suggestions?

OK. I am most likely going to get this dv9700t. I think everything will work without fault, except for the wireless. I know I will need a Dell card, but I need to know which one. I also need to know how to get bluetooth working, even if it has to be with the Dell card. If I can get the Dell card working with Wireless N, that would be awesome.

Suggestions?

I have the same DV9700, if you want swap wireless pci ex. you nedd mod. the bios first

and look in ebay for Dell 1390, or HP spare part Broadcom 4321/a-b-g/draft-N. I have mod. Bios so it pass whitelist check and system board accepted any Broadcom chip set

from 4306....4322. If you want post here.

OK. So how would I go about modding the bios? I can get a Dell 1390 easily, or I can search for the Broadcom card.

So how do I mod the bios(I may be getting this computer sooner than expected)

And how do I get bluetooth?

Thanks

Dell 1390 is embeded by Broadcom4311 chipset, the Bluetooth is USB embebded to Mobo, not relaxt with PCI Exp. wireless card. You can follow the links

below for search wireless card and download my mod. bios, just read the instructions and flash your laptop.

http://rapidshare.com/files/116887714/BIOS_9710T.rar.html

http://computers.search.ebay.com/Broadcom-...press_Wireless-

Networking_W0QQcatrefZC6QQdfspZ32QQfromZR2QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsabfmtsZ1QQsacatZ698

1QQsaobfmtsZins

ifQQssPageNameZRC0024QQ_trksidZp1638Q2em120

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I also have dv9700t. I am trying to install Leopard 10.5.2 very hard. But, no success yet. :(

What is the exact method should I follow and which version of Leopard DVD should I look for? Kalway, Jas? Also, how to install using vmware for dv9700t? :)

Please guide...

Thanks much in advance.

• 3 years later...