Nforce 790i Motherboard

27 posts in this topic

snow leopard 10.6.2 from hazard works with every thing on my xfx 790i even dvd drive

i hooked it up to the red esata connector next to the processor . dvd atapi only works on jmicron not the standard sata

it should work on snow leopard from hazard

Thx for the info. I just ordered me a XFX 780I mobo to replace my MSI P35 Neo and noticed my mac partition quite. Didnt think of the chipset at the time lol.

Anyways, by what I read about 10.6 and everything, it supports ICH10 natively, hence why it detected drives and bridge with no problem at all :)

• 2 months later...
I'm giving up on 780i, it's too unstable no matter if I boot with single core / dual core / 2gb ram or not. Yes sure everything seems to be working, but system will randomly freeze up time to time especially when moving large chunk of files (happened even on a ~300mb files). I am sure it will crash even more often when I use my CS3 apps... this is hopeless.

I'm in the same boat here. System seems to just get a spinning ball that never goes away under heavy loads. Has anyone found a way to correct this.