another noob w/ problems installing leopard

Nex801

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I have the SERIOUSLY obscure Laptop HP Compaq Presario F730US, and i'm having some issues installing Leopard

I had it almost working once, but then i ran into the time machine loop and never got that far again

- I have 3 Leopard install disks, all 10.5.2 Zephyroth, Leo4allv2, Kalyway. (I think Zephy got me too the Time machine Part)

basically now whenever i try to install i get some type of kernel panic, and after about 20 times of sitting through that boot process of the DVD i'm ready to ask for help. Here are my Specs.

- AMD Turion 64 Mobile TK-55 ( Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core ) supports SSE, SSE2, SSE3

-Core Speed 1.8 Ghz

-1GB DDR2 RAM Dual Channel clocked at 333 MHz

-Nvidia GeForce Go 6100 - Allocated VRAM

-120 GB SATA HDD

-Vista Home Premium

oh if it helps, I'm currently downloading the "works on everything" Tiger release, along with Leo4allv3. Thanks in advance!

Crucially, you need the details of the kernel panic, and the motherboard chipset/ata/sata controller details.

The components you listed don't specifically say "no go" but a turion laptop with integrated graphics is never going to be the easiest of installs.

Thanks alot for the speedy reply, here's some more info, which I grabbed from CPU -Z

Quanta 30D3 nForce 410/430 MCP.

Western Digital HDD and in showing my noobishness, what details about the SATA do you need?

also the kernel panic varies from, "still waiting for root device" to other random things, like just hanging on boot and such, once I got to a grey screen w/ mouse movement by using two seperate installers lol.