Intel G35 Express Chipset

17 posts in this topic

Hi Forum,

Has anyone had any luck with the Intel G35 Express Chipset?

I have a Intel Q6600 with a Intel DG35EC motherboard and a SATA Hard drive and a IDE DVD ROM and I keep getting.

System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

I have tried switching my SATA drive to IDE and IDE legacy without any success.

I have tried both Kalway / iAtoks DVDs and some older 10.4.x Intel DVDs.

Any pointers.

Thanks

Stuart

Hi

At the boot, did you press the F8 key. It's sound like you never hit a key or press the F8 key for starting the installation.

All Microsoft product show a message like "Press a key to start the installation process". If you don't you get the System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found.

If you press F8, try the option in Darwin -v

Hi

Tried that. As soon as I enter -v and press return I get the message. On all Kits. Kalway, IATKOS, Leo4all.

Replaced my IDE DVD Rom with a SATA device (SATA0). Still no joy.

Has anyone tried the G 35 chipset before?

Thanks

Stuart

• 3 months later...

Hi!

I'm stucked with this mobo too. I've tried: booting from usb, IDE and SATA DVDs, IDE and SATA HDs, with Kalyway 10.5.2 and JaS 10.5.4, also patched with Chameleon.

Nothing.

using -v, -x, -F, and rd=disk1s0

Nothing.

BTW: my config

Intel DG35EC

Micro: intel e4600

HD: Samsung SATA 250Gb

DVD: Samsung SATA

Memory: 2Gb RAM

Any idea? Somebody has luck with this mobo?

Stuie, actually hackers have had excellent success with G35 chipset motherboards. Check out the thread that is linked to below.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=73046&st=0

My definition of "excellent success" must be different than yours. I have a DG35EC that I'm very familiar with, but I never tried to install OSX on it, mainly because of the lack of drivers able to take full advantage of its HTPC features.

Thread summary: Asus P5E-VM mobo with HDMI out. It has an ICH9 while the DG35EC has an ICH8. Significant difference. The onboard Intel 82566DC Gigabit Ethernet Controller works at 100 Mbps speed only. SPIDF 5.1 sound output does not work. There are no x3500 drivers. The x3100 drivers will work, but without CI/QE.

I'd try the new JaS SSE2 SSE3 10.5.4 kit and select ICH8 support. That might get you started.

simple is that a buy supported graphic card & Now Install Iatkos or kayway

The words are English, but that's not English.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My PC is Core2Duo e7200, Intel DG35EC, 2GB 800Mhz , Sata HDD and DVDrw; it was not able to boot with Kalyway 10.5.1 and iATKOS  [10.5.4 i think] some error dependency in com.appple.kernel and com.apple.kpi;

I will try with iDeneb v1.3 [10.5.5] tommorow ; i think this will work fine for me

• 2 weeks later...
My PC is Core2Duo e7200, Intel DG35EC, 2GB 800Mhz , Sata HDD and DVDrw; it was not able to boot with Kalyway 10.5.1 and iATKOS  [10.5.4 i think] some error dependency in com.appple.kernel and com.apple.kpi;

I will try with iDeneb v1.3 [10.5.5] tommorow ; i think this will work fine for me

I have the same board DG35EC, with a E7200, & 4GB of memory. I added a 8600GTS (for $39.99) and both iATKOS v4.1i and iDeneb v1.3 work fine except for the network, there is a kext file on the forums for the NIC, but when the machine returns from sleep the NIC will not work - must reboot. But, all in all it is working well. I am going to throw in a GA311 off the HCL that claims to be working 100% and we'll see if it will resume from sleep properly...

• 1 month later...

someone pointed to video card for this error but its Jmicron ide chip. get sata dvdr drive and disable jmicron and see how it goes.

i got it to run with the chameleon Kalyway Jmicron PPF patch and ppfomatic, burned patched iso and it works! no more apple.com.boot.plist im on Kalyway 10.5.2 patched to add jmicron support

then i updated with kalyway combo to .3 then dload apples .4 dmg , also installed "PC EFI v9 by netkas and Chameleon by zef"

installed pre and post patch 10.5.5 combo update method by Mysticus C and its working sweet. (it reboots and looks like it fails but hd light is random flickering while a circle line through it shows on apple loading gray screen. might be fine but on next reboot video might be blank.

try reboot to -v -f -x and redo EFI string for video. also repair permissions) ;-D

now pc shuts down in 3 seconds of me clicking shutdown and restart! sweeet

the network has the sleep resume no ip bug but i find i disable it to OFF apply and re enable manual ip settings works fine.

i cloned partition to try to update to 10.5.6 or should i try boot-132 usb 8gb hmm now... lets see how it goes.

i think im going to be recloning all night again. :)

credits goes to slipttees in his guide for this board on boot-132 (shows me potential of this board)

PS i cant use sata in AHCI mode. . it freezes on intel post screen.

i think its hdrive firmware or ide jmicron and samsung ide tsst sh-s182d

have to hard shutdown and unplug sata, power up hit f2 bios and change back to native ide on latest bios or old, tried different vid cards. nvidia 7300gs256, 8600gts 256mb

ati x1550 sapphire 512. had to remove natit.kext and add autonatit.kext for it to work at 1024.x768 no qc..

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Forum,

Has anyone had any luck with the Intel G35 Express Chipset?

I have a Intel Q6600 with a Intel DG35EC motherboard and a SATA Hard drive and a IDE DVD ROM and I keep getting.

System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

I have tried switching my SATA drive to IDE and IDE legacy without any success.

I have tried both Kalway / iAtoks DVDs and some older 10.4.x Intel DVDs.

Any pointers.

Thanks

Stuart

Retail Guide DG35EC:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry999991

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same board DG35EC, with a E7200, & 4GB of memory. I added a 8600GTS (for $39.99) and both iATKOS v4.1i and iDeneb v1.3 work fine except for the network, there is a kext file on the forums for the NIC, but when the machine returns from sleep the NIC will not work - must reboot. But, all in all it is working well. I am going to throw in a GA311 off the HCL that claims to be working 100% and we'll see if it will resume from sleep properly...

Hi, nice to get somebody with the same mainboard.

Recently I build a Intel Core 2 duo 3Ghz, mainboard Intel DG35EC, 4 gb 800 Mhz DDR2, EVGA Nvidia 9500 Gt 512mb, maxtor HDD 500 gb SATA,

I installed it with xXx X86 10.5.6 PPF1

I have this issues:

Audio with just Azalia means no line out , no line in

Network problem with sleep

No shut down. It just reboot

So have you solved any of this or have any good idea to help, please let me know.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently I build a Intel Core 2 duo 3Ghz, mainboard Intel DG35EC, 4 gb 800 Mhz DDR2, EVGA Nvidia 9500 Gt 512mb, maxtor HDD 500 gb SATA,

I have this issues:

So have you solved any of this or have any good idea to help, please let me know.

Thanks.

Got a Intel DG35EC Working with a few minor problems. System is

Intel DG35EC

Intel Q8200

4 GB RAM

Powercolor 512Mb HD 2600Xt DDR3

500 GB HD Sata

Sata Optical

Used ideneb 10.5.5

Voodoo 9.5 Kernel

Audio works using appleazlea. upgraded to m-audio connective sound card. works great, Firewire works (oob) Lan (not Tested) Usb Works

Anyone have solutions to the no shutdown issue?

Also Tried Updating to 10.5.6 using apple update.. it installs but upon reboot i lose my Usb and my processor in about this mac changes to 4GHz Unknown..

• 2 weeks later...

I have this issues:

Thanks.

For me, I used iATKOS v5i and installed the OHR kext during install for the shutdown issue. Sound with Azalia was fine for me. And the network sleep issue was solved by putting a Netgear GA311 in.