Multi Boot Question

3 posts in this topic

Hi. I just installed iAtkos 2.0 on my notebook, everything is working fine except for the touchpad(can`t tap), keyboard(can`t define the layout for brazilian keys) and my wireless. But my doubt is about dual booting Leopard + Vista. Before succeeding this installation I was trying to install Leopard on another partition, but after completition, I always got a `missing operating system` message. So I erased all the HDD and installed Leopard without Vista. Is it possible to re-install Vista if I resize Leopard partition and create a new one for windows? How should I do that?

You can shrink your leopard partition using gparted. Get the gparted live CD and once you have shrunk the partition create a new partition in the empty space, mark it Active (otherwise Vista wont install there) and reboot with Vista install CD

Once Vista is installed, Leopard will refuse to boot, the procedure to get it working is in the forums. Once you get Leopard working, Vista will refuse to boot, there are procedures to get it working too in the forum. then finally dual boot, search the forum for getting dual boot working