Random Kernel Panic with Kalyway 10.5.2

5 posts in this topic

I get a random Kernel panic that happens not all the time, but frequently enough to make my system unstable. Its happened under different circumstances- sometimes I'm just playing music and surfing the net, other times I'm transferring files over my internal network- a couple circumstances has been while I'm downloading files over my work VPN (still using SMB share's though, just not internal)

What I can I look to see what might be causing the problems. I've checked my system.log - but I'm unsure what to truly look for, and nothing has popped out at me around the time's the crash happened. I'm unsure if this is related to the 10.5.2 update I applied, as I applied it right after the OSx86 installation completed for 10.5.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

System Specs:

Kalyway Install 10.5.1 - Updated to 10.5.2 using Kalyway Intel Combo Update 10.5.2

Non-Vanilla kernel, PC EFI v8.0 on a Dell Dimension 9150 (XPS 400, I think?) - P4 2.8Ghz, 2.5GB SDRAM

• 1 month later...

hi,

i'm trying to install the kalyway 10.5.2 installer on my dimension 9150. can you let me know what settings, including your bios, you selected?

i mean, i've managed to install it on my system, but i have no wireless or sound and i have these pop up windows that show up when leopard boots that say "disk insertion: the disk inserted was not readable by the computer." and it gives me three options (initialize, ignore and eject).

my system specs are:

pentium D 830 3.0ghz

intel chipset ich7/r

4gb ram

nvidia geforce 7600gt

creative labs x-fi xtreme audio

dlink wda-1320 wireless adapter

• 4 months later...

I am having the same issue .. totally random .. altho I realized it doesn't happen when I leave the machine alone .. so I started to think it was a memory issue .. so I have started messing around with running memory tests along with making adjustments to my memories settings in my bios.. so far I am still crashing .. but I will post again if I figure it out.

Thanks ..