Driver for Geforce 8400M G

little_prince41

14 posts in this topic

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Hello...

I have problem about driver geforce 8400M G, I install Kalayway 10.5.2 and I select driver graphics Nvidia greforce

but it don't work

I need driver for Geforce 8400M G and how to install, somebody help me please

thanks you for help me

U just need choose 128mb, and U can find the 8400m g works with QE

i do like this,and i dont need other driver

• 5 months later...
U just need choose 128mb, and U can find the 8400m g works with QE

i do like this,and i dont need other driver

It was a question of a discrete card or onboard 8400M G? I have understood that the discrete cards work almost well, but for onboard nvidia graphics cards drivers are not present. I could not start any distrib normally what driver i would not try to apply. I have got a picture, but awfully brakes, it is a maximum of that I has achieved with my mother board, though all the rest works fine.

Any ideas?

Sorry for bad english.

Do you mean a geForce 8400M GS mounted on notebooks? If so, you should try nvkush!

I have an Acer Aspire with that card, and nvkush works simply G R E A T!! I mean I get everything, from QuarzExtreme to dual monitor..

Give it a try!

Do you mean a geForce 8400M GS mounted on notebooks? If so, you should try nvkush!

I have an Acer Aspire with that card, and nvkush works simply G R E A T!! I mean I get everything, from QuarzExtreme to dual monitor..

Give it a try!

8400M G and 8400M GS - different cards! "M G" by some reasons did not work with this driver!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Good news! I just installed "iDeneb v1.6 10.5.8 Lite Edition" with drivers "NVdarwin 128" and "Mouse Lag Fix" and all goes fine! My laptop is full compatible with mac now, even webcam. :)

PS. Board on VIA VT8237A, C2D 1.8, nVIDIA "8400M G".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
my 8400m g its also working great in snow leopard 10.6.2 if anyone need kext driver pm me :wacko: got x32 and x64 bit with QE and my mac reads it as geforce 8400m g 128mb as expected :wacko:

which kext did you use?

i can only use graphicsenabler=yes, other kexts doesn't work for me..