Core 2 Duo T7000 Speed Problem

8 posts in this topic

Hi under system profiler the cpu is only reporting as 1ghz, it should be 2ghz, is this just incorrectly displayed because my lappy runs fine no lag or anything. Thanks, using kalyway 10.5.2 with sleepkernel.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a latitude d820 with the T7200 core2duo and i have the same problem. i believe i have the latest bios update too.

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 1 GHz

Number Of Processors: 0

Total Number Of Cores: 1

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

0 processors and 1 core? at 1GHz that should be 2GHz. any ideas?

edit* so i just realized that i had speed step off in the bios so i turned it on expecting a kernel panic. instead it read 2GHz as it should. but i still have 0 processors with 1 core which is weird.

I dont know more about that, but i think u need some modified BIOS or use the lastest update. Of course i dont know how to modified 8-}.

You can go here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=90505 and ask Kabyl. Hope that he can help u.

I have the same problem, My PC (Zepto) just found 0 Processor and 1 Core! But after i update the new version of BIOS. Mac OS X found 1 Processor and 2 Cores!

It s great!

But I still have another problem is Bus Speed is 100Mhz. I use T7250 with FSB 800Mhz (Bus Speed = 200Mhz), but I just see only 100Mhz.

Can someone explain or help me fix that?

Intel Core Duo T7250 2Ghz 800Mhz 2Mb Cache

NVidia GO8600M GT 512 Mb dedicated

2048 Mb DDRAM PC5300

The OS can't change the clocking of the processor; that's set by the BIOS/motherboard. So, it's not that your computer is running slow; it's just that the OS is incorrectly identifying the processor's specifications. It's a very minor bug that won't have any effect on performance.

Also turning on without Power Adapter connected could set the Proc speed lower.

My XPS turned on without Power Adapter reports 1.6 Ghz, even if I connect the Power Adapter later, if I turned it with power connected the Speed is reported at it's highest.

On windows that does not matter becuase Energy software take care of the speed settings.

I had the same problem with T5500

the clock should be 1.67GHz but it show only 1GHz in System Profile

post-177497-1212783625_thumb.jpg

When i install, play mac os i always used AC power.

My Laptop Spec is : BENQ S73VG

CPU : T5500 1.67GHz

Chipset : PM945

Ram : 2*1GB/667

my bios nothing to config, only C4 state can enable/disable =_= and select boot device priority