My Kalyway 10.5.2 post-install issues

Poochie

2 posts in this topic

Wondering who has the same issues and who got to fix them here they are:

- After waking from sleep (VanillaKernel, KabylKernel, SpeedstepKernel won't wake correctly) all my USB devices get disconnected and reconnected (which doesn't happen on my PowerBook) so every external hard drive gets a "Unsafe Device Removal" notification.

- After waking from sleep I get random Kernel panics if I start playing with Parallels. I have not suffered other types of KPs after sleep without using this application (maybe using MS Remote Desktop but Parallels was running in background)... I'll try VMWare Fusion in a few days to check what happens.

- What about speedstep? I usually read that it's not working (in Vanilla kernel) but does that apply to notebooks only? I manually checked the voltage of my processor and it undervolts when in Idle just like in windows, meaning that speedstep is actually working... is there an application to monitor the actual cpu clock? I tried CPU-Z in Parallels but It always reported the full speed (my system would just crash if working full speed while undervolted).

Setup:

DFI X38 T2R Board

4 GB RAM

E8400

8800 GTS 512 MB

EDIT:

Using VMWare fusion I get the same issues, but I cannot see any panic.log files!

Update2:

Removed both Parallels and VMWare, still KP after sleep.

disabling the JMicron EIDE Controller (the system is installed on the ICH9R), the network card, limiting the ram to 3.5 GB... didn't change a thing. With no emulation programs I just need to try using Remote Desktop Connection to see it become stuck and then KP. The Conosle.app didn't enlighten me in any way...

Anyone suffering the same issues?