Dell installation

Adria

5 posts in this topic

Hello to all. i have dell laptop xps gen 2 2.13 processor, 256 mb video nvidia geforce go 6800 ultra, hdd 75 gb 4 partitions 1 xp, 2 for ubuntu 3 for leo 4 for data.

I tried almost all versionso leo, iatkos, Toh, le4all kalyway etc WHICH one is compatible for my system?

THE ONLY one i found to work but after MANY reinstallations was ToH 10.5 ONLY ONE..after installed managed somehow with lan net connection, updated combo by somewhere universal and not affected version of upgrade, finally had 10.5.2, sound working AC97, BUT video.......

Also i was unable to select at boot win or leo and not booting AT ALL from hdd..only with dvd inside.

Help me please i do not have another big amount of money to waste on mac (in 2005 xps cost 3500 eur).

thankx

PS: iatkos was 1.0 and 2.0, leo was v2 and v3, kalyway 10.5.1 and .5.2

ok thank you for directions but on nvinject WHICH version should i use and it is suitable for geforce go 6800 ultra and not getting kernell panic and reinstall all over again

Thank you.

Use this one from NVinject site. This is for 256MB VRAM cards. Remember to do Leopard Graphics update before you install this.

If it is not suitable and crashes the desktop, you can always boot with -s option and delete the NVinject.kext and reboot. You do not have to reinstall leopard

yes i installed first leopard graphics and then nvinject and ..srewed by desktop..push button to restart, entered in -s and removed the NVinjectGo.kext...same display..any other fixes?

Thank you

PS how can i go back to my last good configuration of leo