Need to change the partition type identifier on a GUID volume

Krazubu

3 posts in this topic

After using a {censored} software called macdrive, (full of bugs since several years), my main OSX partition got its identifier changed to MS-DOS or something like this, making the disk not bootable anymore, and all the data inaccessible from OSX. I'd need to set it back to AF.

This is a rather common problem and many disk tools can do this with MBR, but this time, it has to be done on a GUID disk.

I don't know of any tool that is able to do this except iPartition 3, which I can't get working.

So if you know an alternate tool, please tell me :) (can be for linux, osx or windows)

In Windows you can use Paragon Partition Manager - it will allow you to change partition ID as easily as a right click of the mouse.  It will read a HFS partition as unknown "not formatted" disk.  But it'll still allow you to perform many features like change ID, format, hide partition, mark as Active etc.

It is a very powerful software and is the best HD utility/partition manager available imo.  

Good luck.

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/pm-personal/

P.S - yes I've had the same problem with Macdrive and Paragon partition manager saved the day for me.