Al Gore's cult confronted

5 posts in this topic

Jon, I respect your right to an opinion, but every political post i've seen of yours just seems to be Anti-Left nonsense that you post just to stir things up. Shouldn't you be on Ann Coulter's forums instead?

Ann Coulter is a big government neo-con leftist. Maybe most of the lefties should go there. After all, she supports Hitlary.

Most lefties don't even think they are lefties. Most lefties call lefties right-wingers. Its the same as the uneducated people that think Bush is a christian conservative. Wake up, and stop living in the matrix.

There are 2 types of people, and they aren't left or right. There are PEOPLE, then there are ELITISTS. Which are you? Unless you make a billion a year, you are part of WE THE PEOPLE. Stop beliving the elitist propaganda.

Thats MY 'opinion', and where I stand. I'm neither left nor right. Can your mind wrap around that? or does that throw confusion into the commoner's propaganda filled mind? You have been indocrinated from birth to believe in the left vs right paradigm. Now your reality has been shaken by a 3rd party. How do you feel?

I kinda like you, Jon. You remind me of all my Libertarian buddies here in central TX. Until I moved here I always thought Austin was a hub of liberalism. Those ideas were shattered the first time I went to the range and was shooting next to a guy wearing a tie dye shirt with a peace sign on it welding a Hk USP Tactical. :)

Ann Coulter is a big government neo-con leftist. Maybe most of the lefties should go there. After all, she supports Hitlary.

Most lefties don't even think they are lefties. Most lefties call lefties right-wingers. Its the same as the uneducated people that think Bush is a christian conservative. Wake up, and stop living in the matrix.

There are 2 types of people, and they aren't left or right. There are PEOPLE, then there are ELITISTS. Which are you? Unless you make a billion a year, you are part of WE THE PEOPLE. Stop beliving the elitist propaganda.

Thats MY 'opinion', and where I stand. I'm neither left nor right. Can your mind wrap around that? or does that throw confusion into the commoner's propaganda filled mind? You have been indocrinated from birth to believe in the left vs right paradigm. Now your reality has been shaken by a 3rd party. How do you feel?

The Left & Right thing really is a paradigm that people are tricked into following. I do believe that. But I also believe that there are people (just as you and I) who have a difference of opinion on issues. I don't think that it makes me brainwashed, there are plenty of things that liberals are for that I disagree with, and the reason most of the time is not THAT SPECIFIC THING that a certain person wants, but the implications for following it.

One example that comes to mind immediately is gun control. I don't like guns, in fact I hate them. I will never own one unless I absolutely have to. But I feel that in this country especially, guns should be legal, there are a lot of evils that go along with allowing guns to be legal, and we have seen them. The United States has one of the highest crime rates out of any industrialized nation in the world.

We also have some of the highest rates of rape, etc. for a modern, industrialized nation.

But I feel that these are trade-offs that we must accept BECAUSE the US also has an extremely technological and well-trained military, and I feel that there is a chance that this military one day could turn on its own citizens. I feel that this event will be due to corrupt and unfit leadership. We need to protect ourselves from this possible scenario, guns give us ammunition (no pun intended).

On the subject of Al Gore, he does not have a cult, he actually does genuinely care about the environment and helping it. Not hurting the environment is easy, very easy. We simply have not had the guts or the drive to actually make it happen, we need to set up the market such that companies will be competing for the cleanest form of energy as well as efficiency (getting more energy out of the same amount oil/coal). What they will be competing over is tax cuts (those who are the cleanest get the biggest tax cuts), as well as higher taxes for companies that do not comply. Leveraging money is the only thing in general that corporate entities understand. Taxes is a good way to do that. It will force things in the right direction without overtly banning things or passing laws which hurt the economy.

I stress the importance of tax benefits to companies that do the right thing, not just simply less environmental taxes that they have to pay. Companies that are ahead of the curve would pay less taxes than they do currently. I think theres a practical way to do all of this stuff, we just haven't done it...its kind of weird to see actually...