FCP Pro says it has a screen resolution of 0x0 Installs fine but won't run!

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone:

I finally installed Kalyway 10.5.1 and everything runs smoothly except final cut pro, when I run it I get this error and it closes:

Final Cut Pro recommends a screen resolution of 1024x768; this system currently has a screen resolution of 0x0.

Is there anyway I can fix this, or trick FCP to think Im running at least at 1024x768, my screen is currently at 1280X768 @ 75hz. all other pro apps and Adobe Master Collection run fine except FCP pro. Any ideas? thanks in advanced!!

UPDATE: I tried to do the en0 fix and the AppleSMBIOS.kext fix but that messed with my system everytime I did this:

sudo -s

(your password)

chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions

rm /system/library/extenions.kextcache

kextcache -k /system/library/extensions

reboot

with rm /system/library/extenions.kextcache I got no such file or directory.

any other ideas? I really need to get this up and running! any help would be greatly appreciated!

with rm /system/library/extenions.kextcache I got no such file or directory.

try

rm /System/Library/Extenions.mkext

followed by

touch /System/Library/Extensions

no need for kextcache command as it will be executed on the next boot automatically.

also, it would be better to issue chown and chmod commands only for the newly installed kext, eg:

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext

have you forgotten to chmod it?

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext

i would recommend using KextHelper to install new kexts.

everything is automatized and backed up, so you don't have to worry.

check it out:

http://www.cheetha.net/Kext_Helper/Software.html

AWESOME THAT WORKED THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Color still won't work but as long as Final Cut, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, DVD studio and Livetype work which they are now beautifully I might add, color isn't that big of a deal for me. if anybody has a solution for color let me know but for now no rush! again THANKS!!