Need help with installation

aram323

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm actually having 2 problems trying to install a Kalyway version of Leopard. The first problem I have is my HD is showing up as 128 GB even though I have a 300 GB HD. Also, my HD is IDE not Sata. The other problem I'm having is that when I create a second partition as FAT32, because I have Windows installed, and even set it as active, it does not show up when I am in the Disk Utility. The only drive that shows up is my Windows NTFS partition. I don't understand why my second partition which is FAT32 is not showing up but my Windows partition is and why my HD is showing up as 128 GB. Any help is greatly appreciated, I've struggled for over 6 hours and can't find a solution. Thank you.

If the drive is partitioned as FAT32 to begin with, it will not read all 300GB. FAT32 limits the amount of data the drive can hold. Reformat the ENTIRE DRIVE, not one partition, as Mac OS X Journaled.

It's not that my whole HD is formatted as FAT32, My Windows partition is formatted as NTFS and is 272 GB of my 279GB HD and the second partition that I made is partitioned as FAT32 and is 7 GB. So one partition is NTFS and the other is FAT32. The thing is I have a lot of movies and Music on my Windows partition and I don't actually want to get rid of it. Also, I think I might not have clarified, I don't have Leopard installed yet, in the disk utility only 128 GB shows up and my Windows NTFS partition. I cannot see the FAT32 partition so that I can format it to Mac OS journal. I want to be able to dual boot Windows and Leopard.