Leopard on thinkpad

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys

I successfully installed eddie's Leo4allv3 on my ThinkPad T43 (1871 model, integrated Intel graphics). For the most part it runs amazingly good. Yet there are a few things that i need to sort out.

1: The system is unable to boot propperly when i don't attach an external display to the ThinkPads vga-connector. I have been searching for a way to just turn off the second graphics port from within OSX but i can't seem to find the appropriate option. This is rather bad, because i most certainly wont have an external display if i head out.

2: Sound is not working at all. Although i installed the third party software related to Intel chipsets OSX just wont show any devices for sound output or input.

3: The integrated Intel wifi is not working. It's an Intel 2200 b/g chipset. I pretty much was aware of that before i installed OSX. Just saying. :)

4: I totally fail at using Google. As some of you might know ThinkPads prior to T6x series didn't incorporate a "Windows-Key". So i basicly need to remap the control, option and command keys. But even after hours of extended search i failed to find a tool, that gives me the opportunity to remap like lets say the control key to the useless "fn" key.

5: The power saving stuff seems to work, but how on earth do i tell OSX to enter standby on closing the lid?

Except for point three i'd like to get some hints in case you happen to know a solution to these. The operating system itself is just awesome. It runs so smoothly. I'm hoping for some advice.

Cheers

Hi guys

I successfully installed eddie's Leo4allv3 on my ThinkPad T43 (1871 model, integrated Intel graphics). For the most part it runs amazingly good. Yet there are a few things that i need to sort out.

1: The system is unable to boot propperly when i don't attach an external display to the ThinkPads vga-connector. I have been searching for a way to just turn off the second graphics port from within OSX but i can't seem to find the appropriate option. This is rather bad, because i most certainly wont have an external display if i head out.

2: Sound is not working at all. Although i installed the third party software related to Intel chipsets OSX just wont show any devices for sound output or input.

3: The integrated Intel wifi is not working. It's an Intel 2200 b/g chipset. I pretty much was aware of that before i installed OSX. Just saying. :)

4: I totally fail at using Google. As some of you might know ThinkPads prior to T6x series didn't incorporate a "Windows-Key". So i basicly need to remap the control, option and command keys. But even after hours of extended search i failed to find a tool, that gives me the opportunity to remap like lets say the control key to the useless "fn" key.

5: The power saving stuff seems to work, but how on earth do i tell OSX to enter standby on closing the lid?

Except for point three i'd like to get some hints in case you happen to know a solution to these. The operating system itself is just awesome. It runs so smoothly. I'm hoping for some advice.

Cheers

about #4 I'm not sure if you can get the fn key to map to something else in OSX. Only because the fn key is tied into the hardware functions like brightness etc. As for mapping other keys I think there is a way but I am unaware of the app for hacks. However there is a app called input remapper available on this forum that I believe might help you but I have never seen anyone use it with a hackintosh. Its worth a shot though. google insanelymac input remapper. Should come right up.

Also about #1 I know others have had issues with the display thing. There is a fix for that related to crossing some wires on your external connector and that should help you. Again you would have to google that and see what you find. I never had to do it so i'm not sure how.

Thanks i'll check that soon.

But i found another problem. After shutting down my system i just found out, that it wont reboot with the power chord disconnected. I get a kernel panic related to some hard disk stuff iirc.

Afaik i did not explicitly chose the "sleep" kernel. Was this a bad choice? And if so, is there a way to install it without reinstalling the entire system?

Cheers

OK i have installed it again, this time using the sleep kernel and actually including the AC97 sound driver. Sound works fine now. I'll test the ACPI related stuff later.

The input remapper you suggested is a windows tool (something.exe), which doesn't help me. But i found something else: usboverdrive.

In addition i'm just about to install fingerprint support. I'll hopefully report success soon.

Cheers