Dual ATI 2600 Pro's w/ 3 Monitors

dwest576

4 posts in this topic

Is it possible to use Dual PCIe ATI 2600 Pro's w/ 3 Monitors? I get all the kext's loaded and the cards show under System Profiler, I cannot get my 3rd monitor to show up and be used by the system. Is there a trick I am missing?

Thanks,

Dave

yeah i have 3 of those cards that would be sick if can use all 6 dvi outputs i heard if the same driver will pick up all 3 cards but i dont have 6 monters yet...has anyone tried that crazy setup yet?

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

The Mac Pro came with the option to install up to 4 HD2600xt cards at one point in time. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. I also have 2 HD2600xt cards. One is a 256mb and one a 512mb. I have a P43 board with dual pci-x16 slots. I was unable to get all 4 (or even 3) of my monitors to work. Both cards were recognized in System Profiler but only one showed connected monitors.

If anyone wants to move forward with this, we need to know a couple of things.

1. If it is a chipset issue, what is the chipset used in the Mac Pro that does support that?

2. Is it an issue with the cards themselves, drivers, natit, gfx strings? Doesn't seem so as System Profiler sees both cards, maybe the driver.

3. Has anyone had any ati configuration working with more than one ati video card?

Would be great if we could get some people interested in this. I bought this board to play some windows games from time to time, but I am in web development and would love the ability to have a 3rd or 4th monitor.

My Video Cards:

1x MSI RX2600XT-T2D512EZ details here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814127298

1x VisionTek 900171 Radeon HD 2600XT details here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814129089

What's it gonna take to get this going?