Hardware Configurations

2 posts in this topic

Hello, Well I am new here and after looking around the forms and trying a few searches I realized that there are a lot of possibilities for parts if someone wants to build there own hacintosh. I also realized that there are lots of different combinations. The problem I found is that other than the hardware components and compatibility lists there is no one place to find working combinations of how the parts go together. Everything is just sort of spread around the site. So I thought I would create a thread where people can post there Hardware configurations and Specs. Not a place to ask "will this setup work", but a place where you can just simply list the components of your finished system including what patches were needed to get it to work and what version OSX. It shouldn't be a guide, just a list. Nice and simple and straight forward. I think a post like this would be very helpful for newbies like me. And if this list actually does exist somewhere, I apologize.

Doh! Ok, Color me Newbie. I just realized that the HLC also contains custom setups. Sorry about the post. I thought it only listed stuff like Dells and HP's. Guess that is what happens when you read Forums when your tired.

At least you guys are cool and didn't beat me up about such a newbie post. Thanx.