WTB Leopard Capable Notebook

DocJollyWood

6 posts in this topic

Let me start by saying I'm not interested in buying a Macbook. If I were, I would get one. So lets save all the "For laptops you're better off to just get a real Macbook" posts. Thanks for your understanding.

Now, with that out of the way -- I'm not overly spec nor feature crazy. My only requirements are as follows:

Wireless must work without additional hardware or patches

Sound needs to work (I'd rather not patch, but if you can point me to the right one that will work)

If it's a dual core machine I want both cores working

That's it my friends! Money isn't the biggest deal to me either. If you put a fair price on the machine in question, and it does what I want, we can probably come to an agreement. Obviously, the more features that work with as few hassles as possible, the wider my wallet will open -- but I do understand that this is a hacking community, and I'm not opposed to doing a little work to help myself out either. I'm not looking for special treatment only FAIR treatment.

If you want to deal, post what you have here in this thread and if I'm interested I'll reply and request permission to take our talks into PM.

Thanks in advance!

Youre not going to get away without doing some patching! My wireless works by merely adding the Device Id to the info.plist!

So least you can go for HP DV6716EZ or similar, gives you 15,4" wide with lots of added toys! I reallly went out of my way to try and buy a decent macbook but between doggey dealer on e-bay and a less than understanding Apple Shop, I opted for this one!

StiCMAN

Let me start by saying I'm not interested in buying a Macbook. If I were, I would get one. So lets save all the "For laptops you're better off to just get a real Macbook" posts. Thanks for your understanding.

Now, with that out of the way -- I'm not overly spec nor feature crazy. My only requirements are as follows:

Wireless must work without additional hardware or patches

Sound needs to work (I'd rather not patch, but if you can point me to the right one that will work)

If it's a dual core machine I want both cores working

That's it my friends! Money isn't the biggest deal to me either. If you put a fair price on the machine in question, and it does what I want, we can probably come to an agreement. Obviously, the more features that work with as few hassles as possible, the wider my wallet will open -- but I do understand that this is a hacking community, and I'm not opposed to doing a little work to help myself out either. I'm not looking for special treatment only FAIR treatment.

If you want to deal, post what you have here in this thread and if I'm interested I'll reply and request permission to take our talks into PM.

Thanks in advance!

People who aren't willing to learn how to so some simple hacking or custom driver install do not deserve to have a Hackintosh.

Go buy a {censored} Mac if you're too damn lazy to do something for yourself.

People who aren't willing to learn how to so some simple hacking or custom driver install do not deserve to have a Hackintosh.

Go buy a {censored} Mac if you're too damn lazy to do something for yourself.

Not only do you come across as a jerk (which you do), perhaps you should read my post again. I didn't say I wasn't willing, I said that I didn't want to do much of it. Besides why do you care what I want or don't want? I would think it's none of your business!