Help ATI 9600 Mobility on Leopard

xeongx

4 posts in this topic

picture3ra9.png

Ok,

I got it to show AGP, and 64MB ram which are correct, using "This Thread".

And then, I downloaded Callisto Build 005 from "This site"

And followed the instructions on "this post"

( Im on leopard, and because I didn't have the ATIRadeon9700.kext, I got it from my Kalyway 10.4.10 installation, and used it. )

But I still don't have QE supported..

I really want QE support

Whoever got ATI 9600 Mobility Device ID 4e50 to support QE on Leopard, please help.

Thanks

I have the same graphice card in a ASUS M6Ne laptop (ATI 9600 64MB) and from what I have tryed and read it's the hardist card to get to work with OS X. Also being part of the laptop not posibal to change for another.

The Calllisto drivers inded give the full resoulation but not the other functions and when I try adding/replacing with the ATIRadeon9700 drivers it gous wrong. The clue I think is the ATI drivers say the card has 128MB and there for crushes.

Most of the reports of working setup's seem to have 128Mb or more.

So unless some one cand prove me wrong or help in working out how to convince the ATI driver of out card having 64Mb then I think we are stuck with plan and simple limited graphics.

A last point is there seem's to be some reports of the card working with 10.4.n but what works for 10.4.n dous not seem to work for 10.5.n

Steve

I found this thread very promising.

It showed many people who got it working on 10.4.8 to 10.4.10.

I don't mind installing Tiger on my PC to get QE supported, infact I like Tiger more than leopard because I have been using Tiger for 6 months+ on my laptop.

The only problem is that, none of the OSX releases work with my SATA other than Leo4Allv3 Leopard.. Eddie fixed it for me.

So, right now I have JaS 10.4.8 AMD/Intel SSE2 SSE3 ISO, how can I patch it with the AppleVIAATA.kext from the Leo4Allv3 to recognize my SATA?

Is there an easier way to install Tiger whilst keeping the AppleVIAATA.kext that recognizes my Sata?