Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
kaziorvb

Help - Mac OS X x86 VMWare image

12 posts in this topic

I did exactly what is in the "Launching Mac OS X Tiger x86 in VMware Guide" by vertigo173. I boot it up and see the counting - 10, 9, 8 ... seconds to boot. Then I see gray screen with Apple in center, and then the same but with this circle - loading symbol which is rolling... I see the HD icon in the right corner blinking for few seconds, but later it stops doing it. I see the same screen - like the Mac OS X is loading... But is it loading for 5, 10, 15, 20 minutes? What is wrong? Help me!

I got it to boot fine in VMware but you still need to make sure your harware is compatible mainly do you have a SSE2 motherboard or SSE 3 ?

hmm - i dont know ^^ never checked it

ive got a bit ^^ old stuff, but i will upgrade it soon:

-Athlon XP 2000+ @ 1.95GHz

-MB Matsonic MS8147C+

-786MB DRAM

-GeForce FX 5200 128MB VRAM (o'clocked core speed and mem speed)

-80+20GB HDDs

-MB Matsonic MS8147C+

-786MB DRAM

-GeForce FX 5200 128MHz (o'clocked core speed and mem speed)

-80+20GB HDDs

More than likely your hardware has some incompatibility. I have seen that screen quit ea few times now in my desktop, AMD64 3000+ , NF4 Platinum and a whoel bunch of other hardware. My take, use a intel system.

-MB Matsonic MS8147C+

-786MB DRAM

-GeForce FX 5200 128MHz (o'clocked core speed and mem speed)

-80+20GB HDDs

AthlonXP has no SSE2 so OSX86 don' t run in VMware. It runs unaccelerated (no kqemu) in qemu on your PC:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...pic=5055&st=20#

I just got it to work, (btw i have vmware 5 & i used tiger 10.4.1) i just wanted to say that it is very slow....i even tried the speed boost guide but still its slow...