Leo4allv3 Issues (can't get to install)

Raze18

12 posts in this topic

I was previously able to install (but not boot) an older Kalyway 10.5.1, but with this(Leo4allv3), for some reason, im getting random errors and lockups. When I boot under IDE i get this:yosemite460ag5.jpg

When i boot with AHCI(i believe thats what its called) i get this:yosemite458qv0.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated! These errors occurred before I even got to the white Apple loader screen.

Thanks in advance for your help!

O ya my system specs are as follows:

Abit ip35 pro Mobo

nvidia 8800gtx

2gb corsair ram

2 300gb Hd SATA

IDE emperex cd/dvd

SATA samsung cd/dvd

blah -> i figure all you really need to know is the mobo and the dvd drives.

Basically the only options that I have been altering were swtiching from IDE and AHCI and setting my dvdrom to boot before the HD. Is there anything else I should be changing. Btw, whats PS2?

I saw you other post, did you do a fresh install over an erased drive? Have you tried reinstalling? Please erase the drive and try again.

The thing is I never got to install Leopard. I got this error before I could even get to the apple load screen. I have been trying to install on a blank hard drive. I also tried multiple times but the same two problems keep arising. it baffles me! =p

@eddie11c

Thanks. Many of us have older systems that we would like to run Leo on. As the install DVD uses EFI, we can not even get to the install screens before it reboots. Some older Leo installs (pre-efi) will load properly, but I would like to be running on a recent build if possible. This change would make that a possibility.

Again, Thanks for your hard work, I look forward to the new disk. If you need an experienced tester, just PM me.

Mr.Bungle

I believe EFI is the issue here, my old P4 laptop does the same thing. I have a non-EFI version in the works to address this issue but will need a bit of time for proper testing.