Kalyway 10.5.2 hangs on transfer settings screen

sharren

4 posts in this topic

Fuijitsu-Siemens Amilio pro 3500

Installation works with different kernels and patches up to the post installation point were you choose between 4 choices of settings transfer. no matter what i click, ( dont transfer settings at this time ) it hangs and then reboots to the same screen.

Cant resolve it no matter how i alter the installation settings.

10.5.1 doesnt give me any network or sound so im stuck with 10.5.2

Disable network card (wireless and wired ethernet) in BIOS (you can enable it later after leopard starts working)

Enable Firewire (if any) in BIOS

Go through the Setup wizard, settings transfer etc and the wizard should complete this time

Disable network card (wireless and wired ethernet) in BIOS (you can enable it later after leopard starts working)

Enable Firewire (if any) in BIOS

Go through the Setup wizard, settings transfer etc and the wizard should complete this time

im afraid the bios doesnt let me disable anything except putting wifi and bluetooth of / on by default.

that and one acpi setting is the only option i can change on the amilo pro 3500.

so with kalyway 10.5.2 i have 2 different results depending on customizing options in the install.

1. Restarting the transfer settings screen over and over after selecting keyboard

2. Blue screen on start but sound playing behind it

kalyway 10.5.1 gives me a osx desktop but without sound or network :/

alright. managed to get it working with a combination of drivers and kernels but im not exactly sure. it just started working after the 20th something try. still no network support on the amilo pro 3500 tho.