AMD Leopard install problem

niffer022

5 posts in this topic

Hi iv been trying to install leopard on my pc. currently running windows xp 64 and vista 64. getting bored of windows and liking the look of OSX i cant afford a MAC so the next best thing is to install leopard, i know it can be done on a AMD machine iv seen the videos and read many a thread about it... But im struggling.

I want to install it on a seperate HDD so it dont interfer with my windows partitions. Iv got a spare 40gb IDE hdd sat in the machine, but for the life in me i cant get it to format to MAC os journaled (if that the correct wording for it) every time i click on that hdd in leopards disk utility and select erase it pop up " input output error " iv tried loads of differant ways to solve this but i get the same message. Iv also formatted it in windows to fat32 as i read somewere that would help, but it failed.

I cant use acronis disk manager as its not compatable with windows x64. is there any other utilitys out there that will convert the hdd to what i need for windows..

I would love to have this os on my machine but im all out of ideas and i cant seem to find a solution on the net..

thanks in advance nathan