Kalyway 10.5.2/Intel HD Audio Problems

mrgee

5 posts in this topic

Hi..

I have successfully installed OS X 10.5.2 from Kalyway.. I now have a Vista and OS X dual boot machine.. Installation went smoothly and everything seems to work fine, except there is no audio..

I have an intel dual processor motherboard D5400XS with onboard Intel HD audio..

As I am a macintosh novice can anyone suggest a fix or patch to get audio working on my new mac os..?

I have searched but been unable to find a solution specific to my needs..

Thanks in advance..

Hi..

Thanks for your reply..

According the the motherboard specs.. the onboard HD Audio uses this codec.. STAC9274D audio codec.

Any further advice..?

Thanks..

I have searched and found that I need to install AppleHDAPatcher_v1.16.. However being a complete macintosh newbie..I am not sure how this is done.. When I try to install this patcher this is the message received...

Drag and drop a linux codec dump into AppleHDA Patcher icon

Where do I find the approproate linux codec dump.. any instructions on completeing this patch would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks..

Hi..

Thanks for your reply..

According the the motherboard specs.. the onboard HD Audio uses this codec.. STAC9274D audio codec.

Any further advice..?

Thanks..

I have searched and found that I need to install AppleHDAPatcher_v1.16.. However being a complete macintosh newbie..I am not sure how this is done.. When I try to install this patcher this is the message received...

Drag and drop a linux codec dump into AppleHDA Patcher icon

Where do I find the approproate linux codec dump.. any instructions on completeing this patch would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks..

Download the installer from the following link. IT will be a direct installer and allwill work fine

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=32859&st=0

bye

raj

Download the installer from the following link. IT will be a direct installer and allwill work fine

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=32859&st=0

bye

raj

Hi.. did as you suggested and installed the STAC9274D codec/patch from the link you supplied, but alas still no audio..

When I go to system preferences no audio devices are present, and no sound..

Any other suggestions..

Many thanks for your input to date..