Slow install with Kalyway 10.5.2 on AMD

Bri0s

4 posts in this topic

I finally got the Kalyway 10.5.2 (took 2.5 days over DSL), and burned on a Memorex 16X DVD-R at full speed. This is my first time with this stuff and with the Mac OS.

CPU: AMD X2 3800+ (2GHz)

Board: MSI K9AGM2-L [ Site ]

On-board Video: ATI X1200

On-board Audio: Realtek ALC 888

On-board Ethernet: Realtek 8101E

Memory: 1.5GB (-128MB for Video)

Hard Drive: IDE Maxtor

CD-Drive: IDE Samsung DVD-ROM (TS-H352A)

Note: Also have a 'IDE Samsung CD/DVD-RW (SH-S182M)', but was not used in this test.

I can make it to the install just fine and runs great. I then named the partition Leopard with the 'Mac OS Extended (Journaled)' type.

Tho I'm a little confused about the options screen and what I actually need checked for my system, so I wentahead and just started installing, but the remaining time said 6 hours. Is there something I need to get it going faster? Or should I just build my next system with intel?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

has the same issue..

i installed leo from this DVD, but it took over 2 hours to complete installation =(

everething works great but the system performance is extremely slow.

who knows how to fix this problem?

i installed leo on

amd x2 6000+

asus m3a motherboard with AMD770 chipset

2Gb RAM

Is there something I need to get it going faster? Or should I just build my next system with intel?

Or do a little research and use known good hardware... The newer AMD/ATi chipsets aren't well supported. You'll need more than just a download & burned DVD to get OSx86 running on that system (if it'll run at all). It'll take a bit of learning, research, effort, help...