Photoshop CS3 Problem

Wayfarer247

9 posts in this topic

So, I downloaded Photoshop CS3 extended version, to take it for a spin on my Hackintosh. Specs are in the sig. However, it won't install. I get this error when I try.

"System Requirements Error

The Software cannot be installed because the file system of the OS is not supported."

And I am confused, because read that Photoshop was Leopard Compatible. Can someone help me in the right direction?

"System Requirements Error

The Software cannot be installed because the file system of the OS is not supported."

You have the PC version OR you are trying to install on a case sensitive hard drive format like Mac OS Extended (Case-Sensitive) or Mac OS Extended (Case-Sensitive, Journaled).

• 2 months later...

Dear Bootcamp

i buy new Imac with leopard system

and i have same proplem with the photoshop cs3

and as u said the system is Mac OS Extended (Case-Sensitive, Journaled).

so how can i install it and change the OS system to work the photoshop

please send me the soulotion

Best Regards

simooo

• 1 month later...

I have to agree my system is also journaled/etc. and adobe cs3 runs fine. My guess would be that he "bought" the wrong version, or when he is trying to "register" it he is using a outdated or incompatible way of "registering".

This guy says its because the file system is case SENSITIVE...

http://blogs.sun.com/martin/entry/insensitive_file_systems

"After scratching my head for a while, I figured out that it is due to the case sensitivity! Adobe hasn't bothered to fix their code, and it is not like it is a new feature in Mac OS X either... they have had several years to fix it.

Unfortunately there is no solution to this, but to reformat the file system and make it case insensitive! To go from bad to worse I can't use TimeMachine to do it, as it too doesn't support backing up a case sensitive file system and restoring it to a case insensitive. It just has to alert me if there is a conflict - which there isn't in my case, I've checked! "