Installing 10.5.2 with SATA DVD?

toml_12953

2 posts in this topic

I have an Intel DG965WH motherboard, E6700 Core2Duo (2.66 GHz), 8 GB RAM, using the onboard Intel video and have three 500 GB SATA hard drives and two LITE-ON SATA DVD burners. When I try to boot with a Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD, I just get a message that it can't find the boot file. I burned at 1.x speed and used the verify function. I also tried to burn different DVDs and tried both DVD drives. I'm pretty sure I have a good burn but keep getting the same problem. Can OSX be installed with no IDE drives in the system? Does anyone have any ideas what I can try next?

Thanks for your time!

I have an Intel DG965WH motherboard, E6700 Core2Duo (2.66 GHz), 8 GB RAM, using the onboard Intel video and have three 500 GB SATA hard drives and two LITE-ON SATA DVD burners. When I try to boot with a Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD, I just get a message that it can't find the boot file. I burned at 1.x speed and used the verify function. I also tried to burn different DVDs and tried both DVD drives. I'm pretty sure I have a good burn but keep getting the same problem. Can OSX be installed with no IDE drives in the system? Does anyone have any ideas what I can try next?

Thanks for your time!

I suspect that your burning process is good but the image is not. I suggest to verify that you indeed have a good image before doing anything. You could download IsoBuster and take a look at the image. It should look like the picture in this post http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=530397 OS X can be installed on IDE HDDs and SATA HDDs. If you cannot, it's probably not the HDD problem but a motherboard chipset problem.