for the first time probably last

ricki

9 posts in this topic

i have been working on this hp amd laptop rig for for over eight months now, i saw that kalyway upped his latest 10.5.2 intel/amd, so i went for it thinking i might get lucky and indeed i was.

install everything went well took roughly 30 minutes, and then since yesterday - i 've been trying to boot it up without any luck, i kept getting com.apple.plist error and all of a sudden voila spring in life, but stupid me -

i did not have the ac power plugged in and the power went, fuuck, so close. i hope i get lucky again,

i will keep you posted

Kalyway you rock men

worst part is - i didnt even know what i did in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!damn it

men i had it in my hands trust me in my hands and i threw it away just like that. i was doing the initial registration and i forgot to plugging the power cable. but i think i will get lucky again. oh yes it true it damn true.

one step for mankind, a big step for my hp amd laptop dv6152eu congratulation to me, hoooray

no more com.apple.plist error if you get this start with f8 then go to terminal

fdisk -e /dev/disk0

f 1 -----> depending on the disk# u using

w

u

y for mbr writing stuff

that is it

i am so freaking happy

• 3 weeks later...

alright so scratch that kalyway comment.. what i would like better explanation of is this..

no more com.apple.plist error if you get this start with f8 then go to terminal

fdisk -e /dev/disk0

f 1 -----> depending on the disk# u using

w

u

y for mbr writing stuff

what is the exact code that i should be typing ? do i do fdisk for every one of these letters? and when you say in terminal do this before the setup disk boots (like when you hit f8 and it says boot:) or once im in the setup disk from the utilities menu? And alos what kernal are you using... ?

Looking forward to your update, I have a DV6119us that I would love to get working :unsure:

LOL, i have the same laptop as you, i installed kalyway 10.52, but can't get the lan & wireless to work, if you get them working please tell me how you did it. Thanks!