does not boot after install

trandal

5 posts in this topic

ive tried multiple revisions now with my amd laptop, and none of them seem to work. most of them completely install with no problems whatever, but when it boots up, it says that com.apple.boot.plist cannot be found.

ive tried Leo4all (with and without ppfs 1&2), Zephyroth's 10.5.2 (both versions) and his 10.5.1 version as well, and they all result in this problem. the disks were burnt at 2x, and they work on other machines, so i doubt it's a problem with the disks

what can i do? if theres a solution, please redirect me to it, coz i cant find it.

specs are compaq v3118au, turion x2 tl-52, 1.5GB ddr2, 430/410 nforce sata, 6150go

thanks!

trandal

Same for me... i always used to get that error. Then one day yaaaay it randomly went away... but the installation didn't work... sigh, however the problem never came back so it's very strange.

boot off the dvd. when booting off hit f8 then enter -s. once the terminal starts, enter the following command

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

once that is entered enter in

flag x

x being the partition leopard is installed on. im pretty sure this should work.

i did that, but all that did was make my boot partition active, which it already was.

if anyone's got any other solutions, please reply

thanks