Let's try to write ATI Mobility hd2600 driver together!

dimic

13 posts in this topic

I'm one of the that "lucky" ATI Mobility HD2600 video card owners. I was watching for a some time for any good news about hd2600 mobility driver. I know that some people tried to solve the problem, but none of them had a luck.

I would propose to put at this topic any achievements/knowledge/ideas which may help to someone to create that f**kin driver. I think the problem is that every one who wanted to write it should start from scratch; hope this topic helps to keep together all achievements and thus finally someone could create a driver.

The plan:

1. Let's think of any guys who worked on the problem before,

2. and then ask them to share their achievements (or/and for any other help).

3. organize all achievements and put here together

4. any new guy who tries to become a 'hero' and bring the driver will contribute here.

5. there would be a great party after we have ATI Mobility hd2600 driver :D

I don't do it for fame, just have tired sit and wait the solution for this problem. I'm a developer myself, though I haven't any experience at Mac driver writing/debugging; but I will try do some coding (but there're much clever and versed programmers than me; hope they help :| ). Also I'll try to keep this topic up-to-dated.

Sure, anyone who can provide any help here are very welcome! Together we're power! :D

So what do you say, guys? Just please do not say that all of you have switched to nVidia mobility cards already :star_smile:

ps: and sorry for my English, I didn't learn it well at school :D

Dimic, I had some what limited success as others have with HD res on external display, and a 1024x764 display internal. Thats as far as I got before my personal life got in the way.

I was looking at another file for a res change but, it killed it and cant remember what it was. :( not the raedoen2000.kext but something else.

I will help as much as I can, for the greater good.

Dimic, I had some what limited success as others have with HD res on external display, and a 1024x764 display internal. Thats as far as I got before my personal life got in the way.

I was looking at another file for a res change but, it killed it and cant remember what it was. :wacko: not the raedoen2000.kext but something else.

I will help as much as I can, for the greater good.

Thank you. I'm wondering if there's any difference with hd2600 mobility driver situation between 10.5.x and 10.6.x (64/32 bit) versions. In any way I would rather try with 10.5.x so far, since I don't have 10.6.x installed anywhere at hand ;)

I've got hot News boy and girls

I"ve got a HD 2600 running on 1280x800 on and internal display.

I installed this file "radeonHD.kext found at this link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190586

Download the 10/20/2009 update version radeonHD.10.5.zip (update: I've include it below)

Install the kext and reboot.

It will fail the first time, then reboot again, and presto!!

I'm on a Toshiba A200 note book, It seem to work ok with 3d apps. I haven't tried games yet.

Let me know if it works for you.

RadeonHD.10.5.zip

I've got hot News boy and girls

I"ve got a HD 2600 running on 1280x800 on and internal display.

I installed this file "radeonHD.kext found at this link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190586

Download the 10/20/2009 update version radeonHD.10.5.zip (update: I've include it below)

Install the kext and reboot.

It will fail the first time, then reboot again, and presto!!

I'm on a Toshiba A200 note book, It seem to work ok with 3d apps. I haven't tried games yet.

Let me know if it works for you.

Can you tell me: 1) what system you have and which version (iatkos ideneb or something else?) 2)did you delete/edit anything in the extensions folder? 3) Did you install any "driver package"???

1. Vanilla install, with Chamealon RC2

2. The ATI AGP 2600HD install pkg was installed first.

3. Then i Installed the file above.

4. For stability, I removed all geforce Kext and most ATIradeon9/8/7/4xxx kext leaving only the 1000 and 2000 kext.

these file are non-modifed

5.reboot and pray.

NB. it does have compatibility issue with the VodooHDAPS2.KEXT for some reason.

Feed back?

post-422040-1256375810_thumb.jpg

hackmymac,

I'm glad that you succeeded with dong's Framebuffer driver. I still hadn't a chance to try it, since I recently have killed my MacOS by 'playing' with other system drivers (I had issues with ACPI etc...).

AFAIK ATI mobility cards in Toshiba laptops have a bit different connector, thus they are more lucky with display drivers. My laptop is HP 8510p, and unfortunately your success can't guarantee mine as well; in any way will try soon :(

Hi! Im from Brazil, my english is so bad. Sorry.

I have a brazilian laptop (kennex u50sa) with this super lucky ATI Radeon Mobility HD (2400) I want so much to erase my windows partition and use my laptop only as a Mac for live performance. So iam one of various sad ati users waiting (since january 2009) for a driver maker hero on this forum! Please brothers, make my dream and much other brothers dreams come true :) !!! Thank you for your attention!

Dimic

I'm wondering am I blowing wind up my own :) cause it seems I'm the only one who has got this to work?? I so hope I wrong in saying that.

I'm a little scared to touch it now cause I've spent ages trying to get this thing to work, now it does, I dont want to break it :unsure:

Has anyone has any remote success with this at all??

anyone?

hackmymac

I know that there're guys who also enjoyed the dong's drivers. But again I don't know if there's any one with non-Toshiba laptop.

dekobastos

You should try dong's Framebuffer driver, here is the thread.

• 8 months later...

hackmymac, i followed your posts and i managed to install my m 2600hd. i saw that you succeded installed driver for Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN Network Connection [8086:4229] (rev 61) on your a200. can you tell how did you succeded? 10x