Realtek ALC887-VD CloverHDA + Patched AppleHDA for Mac OS Sierra 276.26

1 Screenshot

About This File

AppleHDA for RealTek - ALC887-VD

Patched AppleHDA for Mac OS Sierra and CloverHDA for clover on fly

Supported Layout_ID's :

• LayoutID = 11 : 3 ports supported (Pink, Green, Blue) (Note : without auto-switch , you have to manually select between output/input device's) Codec Address : 0
  • LayoutID = 13 : 5/6 ports supported (Grey, Black, Laranja, Pink, Green, Blue) Codec Address : 0
  • LayoutID = 17 : 5/6 ports supported (Grey, Black, Laranja, Pink, Green, Blue) Codec Address : 2
  • LayoutID = 18 : 5/6 ports supported (Grey, Black, Laranja, Pink, Green, Blue) Codec Address : 2

Installation :

• Read the READ ME file attached along with the kext.
  • Use this flag is mandatory: disable SIP or use 0x03
  • Install in S / L / E.
  • After installing repair permissions and rebuild caches use an application of your choice.
  • keep the feedback to kext enhancements.

Repo :

Patched AppleHDA for Mac OS Sierra

CloverHDA for Mac OS Sierra

What's New in Version 269.25 Yosemite 10.10.2   See changelog

Released

• Mac OSX 10.11 El capitan Support

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Good, worked with Yosemite 10.10.5!

Yosemite 10.10.5 (UEFI with Clover boot loader):

1. Inject an appropriate Audio ID via CloverConfigurator -> Devices -> Audio (2 for GA-H81M-DS2V)

2. Add the following two items to Kernel and Kext Patches: AppleHDA :

(Refer to AppleHDARealtekALC887.xml file accompanied)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name         |    Find*[HEX]     |  Replace*[HEX]  |    Comment                |  InfoPlistPatch  | Type/Key (?)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AppleHDA    |    hBnUEQ==    |    AAAAAA==    |    Expect 2 matches                              | STRING

AppleHDA    |    ixnUEQ==      |    hwjsEA==      |    Expect 2 matches                              | STRING

* After reboot, the Find,Replace values change to appropriate hexa-decimal numbers.

3. Back up /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext and nstall AppleHDA.kext from AppleHDA-269.25-ALC887-VD-AIO-Universal.zip to /System/Library/Extensions usng KextWizard or KextUtility.

4. Mount EFI System partition, then place AppleHDARealtekALC887.kext into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10 folder.

5. Reboot.

6. System Preferences -> Sound -> Output : Choose Internal Speakers. And Check Show volume in menu bar at the bottom.

Done!

Have a nice day!

• Like 1

Good, worked with Yosemite 10.10.5!

Yosemite 10.10.5 (UEFI with Clover boot loader):

1. Inject an appropriate Audio ID via CloverConfigurator -> Devices -> Audio (2 for GA-H81M-DS2V)

Done!

Have a nice day!

Theres Layout_ID= 1 to 9 choose which suites you best layout_ID = 1 suites me better , i will update every different Layout_ID having how many outputs and inputs 

Not working here ASUS H97M-E

Apply this patch and rebuild kext cache 

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x20\x8c|\xa0\x8c|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDAController 

Not working with GIGABYTE H170TN, only 2 ports(green and pink) in back, CodecAddress: 0, so sad... 

Not working with GIGABYTE H170TN, only 2 ports(green and pink) in back, CodecAddress: 0, so sad... 

could you report with IORegistryexplorer file , have you tried 9 series patch ?? 

good luck 

skylake boards requires DSDT Patch apply this 

<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
<key>DSDT</key>
<dict>
       <key>Patches</key>
       <array>
             <dict>
                  <key>Comment</key>
                  <string>Rename HDAS to HDEF</string>
                  <key>Find</key>
                  <data>
                  SERBUw==
                  </data>
                  <key>Replace</key>
                  <data>
                  SERFRg==
                  </data>
</dict>
</array>

Hi, thanks for this patch. I cannot get it working, but its my fault. I have a Gigabyte H61, with onboard alc887 (3 colors) and a fresh install of Sierra with Clover.

I have tried to install this kext with "Kext Utility". It says thats everything is ok, but when i restart the machine, the sound output option doesnt show on system config.

I really dont know what to do with the 2 zip files you have uploaded. whats the difference between them?

thanks in advance

Need some help pls.  I have a z270p-d3 mb and a 7700k cpu and alc887 running on 10.12.6 everything is working fine except audio - none.  When I tried this solution it put a red dot after the clover HDA kext and I don't know what that means and where to go from here.  I am 77 yrs old building my first Hackintosh.  I am operating way over my pay grade and don't know what to try now.

Thanks, Jim S