AudioGain 1.0.3

About This File

Simple script to NORMALISE MP3 Folders ( in other words make them all the same audio level )

Open Terminal drag audiogain.comand to it and press return/enter

drop top level  folder of MP3's onto the terminal window

It will do ALL folders beneath the top one 😉

Edited by STLVNUB

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

How does the script work? Does the normalization require re-encoding of the mp3 files?

7 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

How does the script work? Does the normalization require re-encoding of the mp3 files?

Nope:

Adjust gain (volume) of aac or mp3 files without reencoding them

https://github.com/dgilman/aacgain

Ah, okay, replaygain. I used it in 2004 for my iTunes library. It was a pita to get rid of the metadata entries later. If you do it wrong it can mess up the complete overall volume balance of an album. I wouldn't use it nowadays. But I also wouldn't listen to mp3s  nowadays either.

Thanks for the tool. I also like to have all music at same volume. AudioGain.command makes the task easy.

Sappharad has a nice app named MP3Gain Express, is a port of MP3Gain and AACGain to macOS. I have used it for a long time not only for MP3 but also for AAC.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2

On 8/4/2022 at 8:21 AM, miliuco said:

Thanks for the tool. I also like to have all music at same volume. AudioGain.command makes the task easy.

Sappharad has a nice app named MP3Gain Express, is a port of MP3Gain and AACGain to macOS. I have used it for a long time not only for MP3 but also for AAC.

His DOES NOT Do Folders Within Folders

Otherwise Nice App

• Like 1